Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Can't Believe I Read It All

So, here's more of my really late reviews. All that is left is the huge stack of Marvel titles (somewhere around 20 I think). After I get these out of the way, I can read the purchases I made Sunday.

Countdown the Mystery #4: The Eclipso stuff doesn't do much for me. The Doctor Fate bits are fun, though. Also loving the art on the Doctor Fate stuff.

Countdown to Adventure #5: I know why I started reading this. I don't know why I still do. I loved 52 and figured anything the reminded me of it would be good. The stars of this series are the three that were lost in space for that series. This ties in with what they did and what happened to them, but not enough for me to care. Just a lot of blah for me. No longer buying, I think.

The Search for Ray Palmer: Red Son: I love alternate reality tales. I like Jason Todd. I loved Red Son. This, wasn't too bad. It was better than some of the other issues in this, but not as good as others. I do like how it loosely tied in with the actual events of the originating story. Fun read.

Crime Bible: Five Lessons of Blood #5: This has been one of the better 52 aftermath series. Though, really, to be fair this isn't really even 52 aftermath anymore. That one ended so long ago that the current weekly is almost done. I will let that pass, as this is a great story. I really love how each issue deals with a specific teaching of the Crime Bible, and ties in well. The greed aspect was all over this one.

Teen Titans Lost Annual: So good, it will get a separate post. When I get around to doing one.

Teen Titans Year One #1: Beautiful art + Funny script = Awesome comic. 'Nuff Said.

Suicide Squad #5: General Eiling is pretty badass, what with the plotting behind Waller's back. Not that it will do any good, because you just know she is totally planning for him to betray the team. I mean, really. It's Amanda Waller. She plans ahead better than goddamned batman.

Shadowpact #20: I'm a little undewhelmed by this issue. What started as a great miniseries turned into a good series, and is now losing my interest. I want more Blue Devil. I want more Detective Chimp. I want more of the team working together, instead of spread out over too many storylines. Bring the team back together, and bring on more Doctor Gotham!

Infinity Inc. #5: Um...yeah...I'm done. This is another one that I am just intrigued enough to read, but not enough to buy. I did like Kid Empty, though.

The Flash #235: Hmm. I am sort of at a loss here. On the one hand, I have enjoyed this story and the return of Wally West and all of that. On the other hand, I was only reading any Flash comic because of Bart. I have only kept on this long because I never remember to drop stuff. I already bought the next issue in this one, so I will read it and review later. If I like it, and the next issue sounds interesting enough, i will keep this one going. Otherwise...

Teen Titans #54: I loved the original Titans of Tomorrow story. It was what got be to buy and read this series to begin with. THis follow up was less than inspiring, but still fun. The only thing about this story that is not so good is that it seems no matter what the Titans do now, they appear to be destined to become assholes.

Simon Dark #4: I don't even know where to begin with the cool in this series. Steve Niles is working magic to make me care about this character, who hardly even shows up. Mix in the creepy factor of that villain who seems to have a connection to Simon and the mystery over who Simon really is, and you have one of my new favorites. Oh yeah, and the art is beautiful.

No comments: