Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Confession

As a guy, who is also quite geeky, I have a horrible confession to make.

I am painfully addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I mean, really addicted. To the point where I had an opportunity to see Dark Knight at the Imax last night, and almost didn't go because it meant missing the last 30 minutes of the show. I did end up going, and it was worth it. But, it was a tough choice.

So, why do I like this show so much?

I have no idea. I'm not a dancer, in the slightest. So much a non-dancer that I have turned down girls who wanted to dance with me. Which, really, no so much something I should be doing. I don't even really do the dancing around in your apartment listening to music. I just don't dance.

Likewise, I am not much for the music. I listen to music sometimes. Just not a really big thing for me. I mean, hell, I have an ipod that is only maybe 1/3 full, and I keep forgetting to take it with me when I go anywhere. I don't think I have actively listened to music in months, possibly since last year. I like music videos, and will Youtube those like crazy. But, it's not usually for the music as much as the video.

So, why this obsession with a show about dancing? Who knows.

Gotta go, results for this week's elimination are about to come on.

No comments: