Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

So, as any self respecting comic geek has done by now, I have seen The Dark Knight. I have loved the Dark Knight. I want one more (and probably only one more) movie to go with this. I say round out the trilogy with a Riddler/Catwoman movie. Maybe another Scarecrow appearance. While I think this movie ends in a way where they could possibly leave it as is, I think they almost need another movie the redeem Batman.

As everyone else has been saying, Heath Ledger is amazing. Enough so that I actually forgot he was in the movie. His Joker was so real, and so engaging, that I forgot who was playing him.

Two Face was also a great addition to this. The movie really was Harvey Dent/Two Face's story. Batman and Joker were there, making big appearances and whatnot, but the movie wasn't about them. They were there to help Harvey's story to happen. This is how it should have been.

I don't even know what I can say that hasn't already been said. Except, Watchmen.

That Watchmen trailer has me sold. Still do not like the costumes too much, but I can accept them. The big things for me are they got Dr. Manhattan right. They got Rorschach's mask right. The scenes look awesome. I must reread the trade now, and drool over the eventual awesome this movie will be.

No comments: