Monday, May 10, 2010

A Tale of Two Lists (Part One)

So, a couple years back, I started myself on a quest. A simple thing, really. I vowed to watch the 100 best movies of all time. This seemed like a noble thing, as I am a movie lover. It seemed easy enough, and I knew of a list to go off of. The problem is, there were two versions of the list. The American Film Institute compiled one list in 1998, but then did an anniversary update to the list in 2007. Looking at both of these lists, it was painfully clear that there were some amazing movie on both. So, I did what any self respecting movie lover would do. I combined the lists and set forth.

Here I am, two years later and not much further on my journey. I have 51 movies left to watch. Not to impressive, until you realize that between the two lists, there are 123 movies total on there. That means I actually only have about 41% of the movies left to watch. Not to shabby, overall.

Anyhow, I have recently tried to renew my drive toward this goal by watching movies more often. For the month of May, I am trying to watch a movie every day. Not all will be from the list, in fact many will not. But, if I happen to have access to a list movie, I will be watching it. Just for fun, I am linking to the two lists.

How many have you seen?

No comments: