Saturday, April 25, 2009

A first for me (Part 2)

After a little delay, here's the Marvel Solicits that I am interested in. Any possibly a few I am not.


DARK X-MEN: THE BEGINNING #1 & 2 (of 3)
Written by PAUL CORNELL, JAMES ASMUS & OTHERS
Penciled by HUMBERTO RAMOS & OTHERS
Covers by JAE LEE
60s DECADE VARIANT by TBA
UTOPIA TIE-IN


I'll give it a shot, since I have this thing for dark or evil versions of people. Sort of how i hate the idea of the Dark Reign stuff, since i can't imagine anyone being dumb enough to believe Norman Osborn is the guy we want with limitless power...regardless of his saving the world or not. But, I like his version of the Illuminati, since it really is a pretty decent reflection of the original. So, a Dark X-men seems kind of fun. Probably won't be though, since that have Humberto Ramos on it, and I cannot stand his art. That's enough to kill even the best stories for me. He's part of why i gave up on Runaways.

Anyhow, this may be cool for who they are having on the "team." Emma Frost is fun, even though not a great character. Mimic I like a lot Cloak and Dagger need more time in the spotlight, since they were great back in the day and need to be use more often. Daken should never have been imagined. Weapon X...I got nothing for. Dark Beast is awesome, underused, and should make for a fun story.


DEADPOOL: MERC WITH A MOUTH #1
Written by VICTOR GISCHLER
Penciled by BONG DAZO
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
Variant Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
"HEAD TRIP," Part 1 of 6


I wasn't goign to get this, since I like Deadpool but not enough to actually read his comics. However, the image of Deadpool and Zombie Deadpool Head running around the Savege Land and fighting Hydra...well, damn, how can I pass that up?


MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: ULTIMATE UNIVERSE
Written by JOHN RHETT THOMAS


I will buy. I will read. I will see if there seems to be any reason to continue on Ultimate titles after Jeph Loeb ruined the entire line single handedly. How one man can destroy what I saw as possibly the greatest costumed hero comic line in years, when he wasn't even writing all of the titles in it, baffles me. It was bad enough when he took over on Ultimates 3, and destroyed all that was cool about it. But, then he had to do that fucking Ultimatum shot and now the entire line has been bent over a table and raped with a sandpaper condom. I hate Jeph Loeb so much for that. I really want to read what Millar and Bendis are planning on doing to hopefully rescue this stuff. Also interested to see what new Ultimate title may be coming along. May not like the current direction, but I still like old Ultimate stuff enough to want to give the new a shot.


ULTIMATUM: FANTASTIC FOUR REQUIEM #1
Written by JOE POKASKI
Penciled by ROBERT ATKINS
Cover by PASQUAL FERRY


ULTIMATUM: SPIDER-MAN REQUIEM #2 (of 2)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, STUART IMMONEN & MORE!
Cover by STUART IMMONEN


ULTIMATUM: X-MEN REQUIEM #1
Written by ARON E. COLEITE
Penciled by BEN OLIVER
Cover by MARK BROOKS


Will be getting these to see how the first volumes end, and to see if any potential continuations will be worth reading. Also, I need more nerd rage.


WOLVERINE NOIR #4 (of 4)
Written by STUART MOORE
Pencils and Cover by C.P. SMITH
Variant Cover by DENNIS CALERO


I loved the Fairy Tales stuff marvel did over the last year or two. I love noir. I love the idea of doing alternate realities or alternate takes on existing properties. So, I will have to be reading all of this. Which means going back to find the existing issue(s) since I have not bought new comics in a while.


X-FACTOR #46
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by VALENTINE
DE LANDRO
Cover by DAVID YARDIN


I continue to read because I like Peter David's writing. However, I miss the original concept of a psuedo-noir detective agency. Too many event comics and crossovers have diluted the awesome, and destroyed the team to the point where the book isn't as fun as it used to be. But, Layla's back and she was a big part of the awesome...so we have to keep reading.

No comments: